Sound Drivers & Schtuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Drivers & Schtuff

Ok so I'm feeling pretty blonde at the moment. The Readme files suggest installing the "Default" MILES Fast 2D drivers if there are issues with sound.

How do I go about doing this? I have a Yamaha sound card.

Can anyone draw me a pic please?

-Ken

Yeah i want a draw too. This game drive me crazy !!
    Now i assume that's my sound card but..
    It's works with the defaut drivers! But the game doesn't works with the latest drivers (R1.26 Realtek High Def Drivers). So the latest drivers are important because they correct many bugs on sp2 as graphic freeze...
    What can i do ??
    [7947.484] DBG: FILE Cat Init
    [7947.703] DBG: Using XML cache
    [7947.703] DBG: Game Init
    [7947.703] DBG: Multiplayer Init
    And then..nothing!

Comment

In many games you will see choices for your audio in the games' options menus, ie NeverWinter Nights and others, to use Direct3D, EAX, or Miles Fast 2D sounds for example. This game seems to allude to that in the readme, as you've seen, but I have no selection for the Miles in my options panels (just my Santa Cruz).
      Oddly, other threads I've seen would lead me to think some see the Miles option in their Audio Options panels.
      Broogan Dreadbow
      WindowsXP Pro SP2, AMD AthlonXP 2800+, ASUS A7V600, ATI Radeon 9800Pro/128, TB Santa Cruz, 3x512MB PC2700 DDR, Seagate 200GB, Maxtor 40GB

Comment

Yes, but for change option in the game i must manage to run the game : )

EDIT: My sound Problem is solved now ))):
        As it was said in the fix problem thread, you must desactivate Material Acceleration but it isn't in Direct X Panel.
        If you have the same problem as me (the game can't go to init audio) you can try this:
        Go to Control Panel> Sound Options (i have a french windows so i can't translate this exactly)> Advanced Parameters>Performances> and here put Material Acceleration to none.
        Then try to start the game
        Last edited by dbkblk; November 6, 2005, 06:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Auldian
          ... This game seems to allude to that in the readme, as you've seen, but I have no selection for the Miles in my options panels (just my Santa Cruz).
          Oddly, other threads I've seen would lead me to think some see the Miles option in their Audio Options panels.
          I don't see it in the Audio Options panel of my game either so I guess its not an option then or there is nothing to do but wait and hope its part of the patch?

Thanks for the reply I aprreciate it much.

I love the sound track and it plays sometimes it will go an hour sometimes it will go 5 minutes before cutting out completely.

-Ken

Comment

Working...
          X