No announcement yet.

The Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of us with the Civ IV darkness...

You might find that you can play the American Revolution scenario - I can on my intel-integrated, no T&L, laptop.

This may not be everything - but it gives me hope that a vaccine for the sickness may appear from Firaxis...

Comment

damn darkness

My game stays completely dark. i see people running around and that is about it. I am sick of the fact that take2 cant provide me with a solution. Anyone have a good fix? Please dumb it down for me. I am not hip on the ole computer.

Ginger

Comment

Yes; that's what makes the game playable, but try not to peek at the terraign you don't know yet if you can.

Originally posted by rvinall
        another thing: has anyone managed to turn off the fog of war that remains everywhere using the world editor/reveal map workaround to this problem?
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

That depends upon at what angle I look at the screen for me.
          The gray is light enough to be barely noticable in most positions for me.

yeah, but even after you reveal all tiles, doesn't the fog of war remain, and your tiles are all sort of grayish? that is, a lot less bright than in the world editor.
          sure hope that a patch comes soon that will help with these type of things.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

yeah, but even after you reveal all tiles, doesn't the fog of war remain, and your tiles are all sort of grayish? that is, a lot less bright than in the world editor.
            yes you are right, but I was happy to play anyway
            I read about another workaround which reveals the fog of war without the greyish tiles:

In the Game press SHIFT-ALT-D and check "allow debug tools". After that press CTRL-D and check "fog of war" in the first graphics tab.
            The terrain should now be visible (only the terrain, not the improvments/other units etc.)

L1

Comment

Working...
            X