Technical Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Help

I'm not a hardcore gamer. In fact, this is the first game i bought sense I got the computer a little under a year ago. I've had a few problems with the game, so I came here for a little help. And to be quite honest, I don't know much about what I'm supposed to be looking for.

So, what I'm looking for is someone to help me figure out if I have the right requirements, right processor, etc. And if I don't, what exactly I have to invest in to play this game... As much as I hate spending hundreds of dollars just to play one game... I really wanna play this game damn it! lol.

I went to My Computer > View System Information. Here's what that says:

System:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Home Version
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Manufactored and Supported by:
    Compaq
    Presario
    Intel (R)
    Celeron (R) CPU 2.66 GHz
    2.67 GHz, 248 MB of RAM

Okay, so 2 questions.
    1) Can someone help me figure out if I have the right requirements? And if I wasn't looking in the right place, where to go to check?

2) Where the hell do I go to check to see what kind of processor I have?

Edit: Just a little side note. The game does load, but that's about as good as it gets.
    Last edited by TheDerekEffect1; November 4, 2005, 23:43.

It looks like you have Intel IGP for video on that machine, if it's the presario i'm guessing (SR1120NX or similar?) ... I'm not sure which intel IGP set it has, but most of the Intel ones don't work.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You can go to the srtest website. It will scan your machine and compare the results to the game's system requirements. This will tell you if you need to upgrade or not.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Yeah, I have the black screen problem and problem with loading faces. So should I invest in a new video card?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogie
          You can go to the srtest website. It will scan your machine and compare the results to the game's system requirements. This will tell you if you need to upgrade or not.

Hope this helps!
          Wow, thanks. That link was really helpful, actually. I think I'll bookmark it for future use if I ever buy a new game.

It says I passed everything except the video card.

Video Card
          Minimum: 32 MB 3D Video Card with Hardware Transform & Lighting
          You Have: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
          Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 64.0 MB
          Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
          Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - No

So, all I'm missing is the transform and lighting.

Comment

Yea, that Transform & Lighting (TnL) does seem to be pretty important. Something else called Pixel Shaders (PS1.?) also seems to be required.

From some of the stuff that I am reading in these forums, I am starting to come to the conclusion that the recommended requirements were determined with the use of a dartboard. The actual requirements for this game seem to be much, much higher.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out which card that I need to buy. Oh well, hope you have better luck than I.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogie
              From some of the stuff that I am reading in these forums, I am starting to come to the conclusion that the recommended requirements were determined with the use of a dartboard.
              Haha. I was actually starting to think the same thing. You pretty much have to have a perfect computer to play the game.

Well, if you find one that's of good quality and doesn't cost a lot tell me. And vice versa if I find one.

Comment

Working...
              X