Railroading is STILL +1 resource on some squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroading is STILL +1 resource on some squares

I just verified this in my game... interesting.

Only in LUMBERMILLS and MINES. I just checked the xml files.

I'm cool with that.

Comment

Just as long as I don't have to cover every last tile with RR. I didn't enjoy that in all previous Civs.

Civ1 -- my god, I had my settler (the 'worker' units of the day) loaded up in a transport, move it out to sea, reactivate the settler unit, then build roads and railroads IN THE WATER just so I get the resource and trade bonus. Anybody knew about that?

Comment

I used to write my name in the sea back in Civ1
        "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

So the railroad is not +50% production, but just +1 prod on lumbermills and mines? It is not +50% rounded down? And what about the other improvements wich give 2+ productions? Or any other bonuses except the 1/10 movement points?

Comment

Civ1 -- my god, I had my settler (the 'worker' units of the day) loaded up in a transport, move it out to sea, reactivate the settler unit, then build roads and railroads IN THE WATER just so I get the resource and trade bonus. Anybody knew about that?
            It's a pretty well-known bug.

Comment

I tried to build "a bridge over the Atlantic Ocean" in Civ3... Didn't work.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I still place railroads everywhere in civ4(after the other more important improvements are placed). The new pillaging strategy of the enemy makes having a railroad everywhere every usefull, it makes it much easier to catch pillagers.

Comment

i don't mind railroads everywhere.

i DO mind that the automated workers prioritize unoccupied snow squares at the south pole over territory i'm actually using.
                  it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

interesting. here I was thinking roads and railroads didn't do anything. I built many less of them this game. I'll have to change that.

Comment

Do roads not give you +1 gold in any given square they're built as long as its being worked?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenloff
                        Do roads not give you +1 gold in any given square they're built as long as its being worked?
                        No longer so in civ4.

Comment

Geez, how did I miss that? Doh, I feel so dumb now. It even says it gives +1 hammer when you hover over build railroad while on a mine too, heh. This is going to improve my mid-game production a good chunk.

Roads and railroads everywhere is still a great idea....if they have nothing better to do.

Comment

My impression of the railroad was that it gives you extra minerals in any square that already gives you minerals? I don't see anything wrong with that..?

Comment

It does look like the automated AI worker routine is in general placing too high a priority on roads-rails given how many tiles I see with roads and rail when I allow the AI to build improvements.
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X