Bizarre video problem effecting entire comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre video problem effecting entire comp

Something has definately messed up my computer's ability to play video... I downloaded the new Omega Drivers for my laptop in hopes it would help run Civ4 (however I learned later that my card does not have the capacity to anyway.. ) I have no idea what is wrong with my computer right now but for some reason even running Windows Media Player videos and WinDVD are even running really choppy... this never happened before... Another weird thing is that the video doesnt move at all (just freezes in the current frame as the audio continues) but when I move the mouse around (and continue to move it) it runs just fine, but I dont want to move the mouse around during an entire movie...

I need some help with this.. thanks alot. Sorry if this is off topic, but I think it may have to do with the drivers or something so thats why I brought it up to the great minds of apolyton...
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

No thoughts then? Cant be a driver problem or anything?

P.S. I have run scans of my computer for viruses and spyware... I can only deduce that this is from getting the Omega drivers.. but I havent heard of any problems with Omega as I am sure it is a very good driver... but I just dont know what else to attribute this to..
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Similar problem. I can't even play realplayer and windows media player any more. Wierd. I'm guessing that there is a driver conflict somewhere.

Comment

Well.. I uninstalled the Omega Drivers and lo-and-behold my video problems evaporate. So I guess I must has either downloaded the wrong drivers or installed them wrong. Either way, with a 320M I am told I can't play Civ4 anyway, but I just wanted my old computer back (yea know the one that could do things like watch DVDs) and once the drivers were gone the original ATI drivers took over and my computer is back to normal. (just sucks I cant play Civ4.. but still)
        Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Working...
        X