Changing saving path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing saving path

I want to change the folder where my games are saved by default because if I want to load a quicksave I have to choose all the way to c:\documentsandsettings\owner\mydocuments\mygames\ civ4\saves....."
    and it take a really long times.

I've read the complete manual and post of this forum and I didn't figure out how to change it.

The only place where it seems that I could change it is in civilization.ini files.

The is somewhere in this files where it is asking for saving path (relative to civ4 working folder)
    the value is set to "0".

I've try to change it to another value like "C:\my documents" or something like "..\..\..\my documents"
    but it don't work.

Please help!
    Thank in advance

Yeah it's screw up- only way I can get it to work:

E:\Civ4\Civilization4.exe /ALTROOT=e:\civ4\saves\

added as the target in the game shortcut.

Comment

Any other solution?

Comment

Make a shortcut to your c:\documentsandsettings\owner\mydocuments\mygames\
        civ4\saves

and then you can just open the shortcut (which will take you directly to that saves folder) every time you want to load a game via its save file.
        Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

I htink, like me, he doesn't want **** cluttering up his C drive- I reserve my C drive for the OS- not game saves and other crap. I HATE it when devs stuff things on my C drive.

C=OS
          D=film project I'm working on
          E=games
          F=business/other apps

Comment

If you use /ALTROOT=. it will store everything in the CIV installation directory.

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad
              I htink, like me, he doesn't want **** cluttering up his C drive- I reserve my C drive for the OS- not game saves and other crap. I HATE it when devs stuff things on my C drive.
              It's Microsoft's fault. It's a Microsoft Games for Windows requirement to handle things this way.

Comment

Solution: Move your 'My Documents' folder to another drive!

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad
                  I HATE it when devs stuff things on my C drive.
                  Me too, although its more an MS thing with My Documents, My Pictures, and all that bs. Of course, the paths to all of that can be customized, but not easily...

I have c: for the OS too.
                  e: is for FS2004.
                  f: is for games like civ
                  g: is zip
                  h: is removable USB drive
                  Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Originally posted by ieolus
                    Solution: Move your 'My Documents' folder to another drive!
                    One one my friend tell me before you've posted it. thank anyway.
                    I did it and it "fix" the problem.

I've right click on "My documents", property and enter another dive like "f:\my doucments".

Comment

I am not shure if I understand your question. You want to load a quick save? Isn't there a shortcut key for quick saves? I don't have my manual with me right this second so can't check there.

Maybe someone else can mention what the quick save, save and load keys are. I know it's ctrl and some F key.

Comment

Working...
                      X