A.I attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I attitude

I have now played a couple of games and I really enjoy the new diplomacy model. Yet there is something that bothers me quite a bit.

While the A.I correctly responds to events by giving plusses or minuses to relations, the A.I don't always seem to ACT according to the current diplomacy stance.

In my latest game, Alexander declared me war (Relations + 1) Well, some backstabbing... guess that is normal even with positive relations.

However, then I asked Washington for help... but he was unwilling to even discuss the question. Well, I can see that the A.I apperantly did not want to be dragged into an unnessesary war but how come the reason was "He did not like me enough" when our relations was + 8! ?? (The diplomacy window told me he was Pleased)

Germans (relations +3) at least promtly told me that "They would have nothing to gain"

-S
    GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
    even mean anything?

I think each AI leader has a "personality," which is not listed anywhere but has to be figured out on your own. So for example, a leader may be "agressive," in which case he may declare war on you even if he's only cautious.

Remember the Zulus from Civ III? You were in trouble if they started near you.

Maybe Washington has some kind of "isolationist" attitude. Didn't he say something about avoiding foreign entanglements?

Comment

They seemed to have different personalities in Civ 3 (the Zulu and Aztecs were the main aggressors), so the same should be true of Civ 4.

There should be plenty of backstabbing though, it keeps things true to real life, a gracious AI could be bluffing after all...
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
      X