Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebworld.com reviews... I should have waited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebworld.com reviews... I should have waited.

Wow, check out the users reviews on Ebworld.com. Crashes and slowdown are huge issues. Bigger than I thought, guess i'm not the only one.

A link would be nice

Yeah, there are some major graphical issues. But a lot of them seem to be able to be resolved by using the right drivers - I have managed to do this...the problem seems to be more with the combination. I am sure this will be resolved in due course though.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The slowdown is cause by having the Diplomacy Screen come up in the game. If one Alt-Tabs out to the Desktop, the slowdown and lag dissappears. The game still needs a patch though, but any other problem (except for maybe some bugs perhaps) I do not have with the game, except playing the *.bik movie files, because simply I need a better computer than what I have, so the sound will cut in and out, since the *.bik movie files are full screen instead of like with Pirates! only the widescreen movie type screen.

Otherwise the game plays fine for me, and I use the 'single unit' graphics instead of seeing three of everything!
      And Animation can be turned off, if the computer is too slow, and Effects!
      Plus other things if needed.
      For me, just a better computer is needed to play the game fully, but the game still can be played!
      That is usually normal for a Civilization game because usually by the time players are done with the game, most people have already bought a newer computer so the game plays better, since it is played for years!
      (with the same version!)
      If I want 'Action' I can play Pirates! and get dizzy -- dancing in the game with the room swirling around, and big chests heaving and bouncing!

Comment

Ride'ON BABY!!!
        YEAH!
        Lol
        Originally posted by Raion
        If I want 'Action' I can play Pirates! and get dizzy -- dancing in the game with the room swirling around, and big chests heaving and bouncing!
        bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          A link would be nice

Funny. I remember the days when you needed a special boot disc to get your computer to free up enough memory to play a game in DOS. Now people complain that they have to keep their drivers up-to-date. These kids nowadays!
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

A 1970 settler! Didn't think I'd see one of those posting.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

this is why we never delete unused logins
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yeah, I halfwillingly supported it before, now you have my full support!
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I love the game, but my drivers are all completely updated and the slowdowns are never fixed for me by using any of the above mentioned things. And they are not caused by them either.

Ive been an avid Apolyton supporter for a long time, usually lurking around here somewhere. I love this site

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X