Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is most the land black...

even after i have moved into it.

I can see my units, the tiles which have resources are coloured but no matter where i go, the main screen still shows everything black. it's like there is no sun and to be honest it is p***ing me off.

Does it change with some tech in the future? Am i doing something wrong? The minimap or world map, when clicked, show coloured areas surrounded by fog of war, but the main screen is like soot.

I've been playing this for about 2 hours now, and as things stand at the moment, and despite tonnes of potential and pre-play anticipation, i'm kinda glad i didn't uninstall civ3, and hope the shop i bought if from has a 10 day money-back policy.

EVERYTHING IS BLACK!!!

Are you running on an Intel Integrated video card? If so, that's the reaon - Civ4 doesn't support that hardware.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

No that doesn't sound right. You must have some kind of display issue... have you tried installing the latest video card drivers and windows update etc. etc.?

I know i have had a few problems with my ATI video card with Civ4, most but not all of which were solved by updating my software. But I haven't heard if this problem before.

Comment

What Solver said!

(I wasn't referring to Solver's post when I said that doesn't sound right, I was referring to the original post

Comment

cheers for the reply guys, i'm guessing this isn't how it is meant to be and am now installing new drivers for my graphics card.

Your quick responses are appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X