Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 915 - Help

Hi
    As we all know this integrated graphics chipset will allow me to run and play Civ 4. But it is too slow to play and have fun. I would like to ask ALL who have this Intel 915 graphics - if it is possible to improve game performance (graphics). I dont have black terrain like 8xx Intel Cards cause my 915 has software T&L (so its using CPU not GPU for processing things connected with T&L).
    I have Toshiba Tecra A3 - 183 Laptop with Sonoma 1.7 (~2,6 P IV, 512 MB RAM DDR)
    my graphics has 128 shared memory. Maybe I should buy more RAM? Or unpack PAK file?
    Help me please!
    Thanx

It should work fine. I have a Pentium M 715, Intel 915 chipset and 512 meg ram. ( I dedicate 128 to my video)

Standart map is a little slow in the late part of the game. And small maps are better. Yep the game is a kind of slow in the late... but it's totally playable.

Did you try to dedicate 64 meg to your video card? You could put this in the Bios.

Maybe that's because it doesn't bother me if the game run really slow.

I've seen people on other forums having a really good game machine and having 10-15 fps.....

So... I think we must wait a patch(if they bother to do one for this problem)

See ya

p.s.: oh yeah in the civ.ini I disabled the TrilinearBumpMap. And I working on Low. But I put animation to On and Render Quality to medium.
    bleh

Comment

how many FPS u have? i have toshiba laptop and i cant change my ram for graphics. i think it is set automatically.
      or maybe u have some programs to do this?
      anyway thx

Comment

Working...
      X