Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Advisor useless ?

Hi,

Something is disappointing me in Civ IV : the military advisor is totally useless. In Civ III I was using it to have an overview of my units and mostly to upgrade them.

Now I cannot find another way to upgrade my units than go on every city, click on every unit and see if it can be upgraded .

Am I missing something ?

No, as earlier posts have noted, its a bit useless at the moment. A victim of the early release date, probably. Its bound to get some love in the patches.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

I hope so. upgrading wasn't pleasant. Though I do like you can click on the white dots and it will take you right to the unit. But I have to repeat this for every unit. And it takes a couple of seconds for the military advisor screen to load.

Comment

Side question, if everyone here had gone out and got themselves a new car with as many issues as this game, how many would have kept it? I'd be switching manufacturer!
        "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I (along with most I would guess) used the military advisor religiously in Civ3. Now it gets opened once or twice a game. Alot of this is due to the lesser number of cities/unit, but it definately needs an overhaul.

Comment

The advisor might be useless, but haven't you guys tried clicking ALT + Upgrade? It will upgrade all your units of the type you've chosen, as long as you have enough money. IF you want the total price, do as I said above, move the cursor away from the upgrade button and move back. Voila! The total price is shown.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
            X