Iron Work doesn't seem to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Work doesn't seem to work

One of my cities was very fortunate to have: iron, coal, uranium, aluminum and rice all within the city radius. It is a relatively new city -- with a pop=6. After so many turns, the Iron Work wonder was completed inside, but the production is still not benefited from this wonder. I am getting 22 base hammers, plus 25% from the Forge, and that's it!!! The Iron Work is not completely ineffiective -- it did give me the unhealthy thing. Both the iron and coal resoures in this city are mined and railroaded. Am I alone?

Are you able to post a screenshot of your city screen before and after the iron works... Or upload your savegame, this way we'll probably find the reason.

See ya
    bleh

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Re: Iron Work doesn't seem to work

--- That's strange... Maybe we dont see something.

Originally posted by Dr,ape
        One of my cities was very fortunate to have: iron, coal, uranium, aluminum and rice all within the city radius. It is a relatively new city -- with a pop=6. After so many turns, the Iron Work wonder was completed inside, but the production is still not benefited from this wonder. I am getting 22 base hammers, plus 25% from the Forge, and that's it!!! The Iron Work is not completely ineffiective -- it did give me the unhealthy thing. Both the iron and coal resoures in this city are mined and railroaded. Am I alone?
        bleh

Comment

The ironworks gives 2 bonuses, +50% for iron, and +50% for coal. Your city is getting a +100% from resources, looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by snepp
            The ironworks gives 2 bonuses, +50% for iron, and +50% for coal. Your city is getting a +100% from resources, looks good to me.
            Yeah I think this might be it. I haven't seen the resources bonus anywhere else, so I guess you are right.
            The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
            - Frank Herbert

Comment

Wait, it seems the 100% bonus is not calculated.

The basic production is 22. Increased by 25% it's 27 (rounding down). Add to that hammer overflow from previous turns equal to 34. That's 61, as the screenshot says. The 100% is not counted anywhere though.
              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Hum, maybe it doesn't start contributing right away? Maybe wait a turn?

And is it me, but does it take few turns for resources to appear, when I research the tech?
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I cannot make it out from the screenshot.. but perhaps you have traded away either coal or iron or both?

Comment

Looks to me like he has three sources of coal and four sources of iron supplied into that city.

Though those symbols are very tiny.
                    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Wait, do you mean to say that the actual coal TILE, if it's being used by the city, is +50%? I assumed it merely meant if the city had access to coal, that it would up the production.

Seems like an awful waste to me, if that's the way it works.

Comment

This city has its own sources of coal and iron, as indicated by the screenshot (click to enlarge). It also has other sources of coal and iron via trade routes.

I did not trade out any iron or coal.

Can anybody check their own game and tell me if their Ironworks building actually contribute to the total city production?

Mine says that it's adding 100% but if you actually do the math, it doesn't do anything other than the unhealthyness.

Comment

In all my games where i've built Iron works (actually in 90% of them) they ALWAYS worked.

I have no clue as to why it's not working in your game. Give it a turn and tell us whats going on then?

Btw.. Coal & iron don't have to be within the city radius - just in your empire (or traded for).

Comment

just noticed your building a factory. Perhaps you need a factory before the bonus works? But then again, i don't know

Just seems odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,ape
                              Can anybody check their own game and tell me if their Ironworks building actually contribute to the total city production?

Mine says that it's adding 100% but if you actually do the math, it doesn't do anything other than the unhealthyness.
                              I've got that.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X