Country splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country splitting

I loved the game concept in Civ II that would split a country into two parts when you captured the capital city of a nation. This would happen if there were less than 7 nations alive.

But, is it just me, or doesn't Civ IV has this concept?
    Greetz, Ramses

Civ4 does not have this.

Comment

I hated the concept.
      It's way too easy, just grab the capital and suddenly you have 2 small enemies instead of one big one.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Of course the concept needed some changes, but using propaganda or something like that would be a cool concept to let a (small) part of a country declaring independance.
        Greetz, Ramses

Comment

its true that civs2 method was bad but they should make it so that theres other ways of dividing the empire in two or more parts, the 1 i personally like the most is civil war. they sould add this to the game or some1 should make a mod, if they do it ill download it

Comment

A civil concept like that would be cool indeed. Just when a group of people/cities don't like your government, they will rise up in resistance.
            Greetz, Ramses

Comment

The only idea that would make the idea cool, imho, would be that ie. if I would conquer a civ totally, that the cities of that civ could revolt 500 years later, since they're a different racial group in my empire.

Such a revolution would only occur if I wouldn't upgrade their cities, or their cities aren't as healthy or happy as my other cities. Thus: if they're not happy being a part of my empire.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

One of my fondest memories in Civ II was when my own empire split in two. I had been running away with the game... up until then.

Comment

There's actually a thread already on exactly this:
                  Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

This topic seems to get posted once a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X