Pyramids Wonder Moive Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyramids Wonder Moive Crash

For some reason, when I build the Pyramids, and the wonder moive comes up, I hear a weird sound, then it crash to the desktop. It shows the moive popup, weird sound, back to desktop. I had some problems with other wonder moives, like it being slow, but this is the only 1 to crash. Just weird...
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

ok, a bit of a update. Now this is happen to all of them. but when I go back, they play normally. So far, Ocale and Great Lighthouse, and Colossus. (Yes, I'm having a lucky Noble game so far.)

EDIT: For some reason, it stop doing this... I have no idea why...
    Last edited by mrboo123; November 3, 2005, 22:47.
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I had the exact same problem. I found that turning OFF movies solved my problem. I'm just living with the game being that way until the patch comes out.

You can turn off the movies by opening the Civ4 ini file and changing the flag for "No Movies" to 1 (default is 0).

The flag will revert to 0 each time you play a multiplayer game for some reason, however, so you'll have to remember to switch the flag to 1 each time after that.

I hope the patch fixes this. I haven't heard of any workaround other than turning movies off for this problem yet.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Another solution is to turn off music. Someone reported that there's some kind of disk access conflict if a movie and the background music is playing at the same time.

It was one of two solutions that stabilized my game. I've ... uh, gotten only one BSOD since.

Comment

Get your latest video drivers. Solved the problem for me and my GeForce card.
          Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

I have the latest drivers for my NVidia card and the game still crashes when the movies play. Tried turning the movies off but the blue background popup still shows and crashes the game.

Where is this file located? I changed the _Civ4Config file which must be the wrong one. It's located in the Program/Firaxis/SMCiv4 path. Is there another one that needs to be changed. And isn't there an option to turn off the movies? If not...why not?

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_c
              Where is this file located? I changed the _Civ4Config file which must be the wrong one. It's located in the Program/Firaxis/SMCiv4 path. Is there another one that needs to be changed. And isn't there an option to turn off the movies? If not...why not?
              I saw someone post about there being the option to turn off wonder movies. I have not seen such option myself but I'll look for it.

Do you have an integrated video card on your machine, or is your video card a standalone card?
              Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

It's a standalone card. NVidia GeForce 440
                I have a Dell P4 3.06GHz with 1GB DDR-SDRam
                Also installed a new fan so things stay cool in there.

I've now changed the movies to 1 in both the program and documents sections. It doesn't stop the movies from playing.
                Am about to give up on the game until they get it fixed - if they ever do.

Comment

You turn off wonder movies by opening up the ini file in the Civ4 folder and switcing NoMovies from 0 to 1.
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Uh, I just searched
                    C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\
                    recursively and didn't find any .ini files except those for the 4 scenarios (American Revolution, Desert, Greek, Tutorial)
                    Esquire

Comment

OOOOOOOOoops! It's in My Documents. Awesome.
                      Esquire

Comment

Working...
                      X