Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you beat Louis XIV?

Hi there,
    I just got the game and every game I have played withLouis XIV he ends up winning. Are there any tips for beating him? I tried nukes but they wouldn't even stop him. Thanks.

-Godbear

that's hilarious.

"Not even nukes can stop Louis"
    be free

Comment

Re: How do you beat Louis XIV?

Originally posted by Godbear
      How do you beat Louis XIV?
      With a big stick.
      "

Comment

Pre-empt him (by playing the game as Louis)?

Comment

More stick please.

He seems better able to keep up with my score than some, but I haven't had trouble beating him to the space race. I haven't tried to conquer him yet..

Comment

I used axes... and some big rocks.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Get him to revoke the Edict of Nantes and expel his Huguenots- it worked wonders for the economies of his enemies.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Well, in general the AI builder civs seem a bit more powerful than the aggressive ones.

Comment

My current Epic game, he's not so big at all. Went to war with me and others, however, but quickly keeps asking for cease-fires. He's been bringing in swordsmen and archers against my war elephants.

Comment

I played my first game al level Noble. I started in a medium island with Louis XIV as the only neighbour ! In the early game, he declares war with me but I did manage well and I took him two cities. Peace was signed.

After a while, as I discovered the other continent and my civ (the Persians) did grow well (but behind in technologies), I noticed that Louis XIV had poor terrain and was behind me. So, I declared war and after ca. 25 turns he was whiped out !

Finally I won the game by the UN race, after several votations. It was a very interesting game and despite some blunders that I made in the beginning I've learned a lot !

Here's the final screen :

Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                    Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Military units work pretty well against Louis
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                      X