early game xp cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early game xp cap?

I may be missing something but is their some sort of cap on unit xp in the very early game? Every single game I've played so far when I send my scouts out exploring after they've won enough fights to gain 2 levels they stop getting any more xp unless I find a goody hut that gives xp. Is this WAD?

At some point this "cap" seems to go away but I haven't figured out when. It seems like around the time I start seeing archer barbs I can get past level 2 units.

Lemme guess.. YOu've been fighting against animals and babarians?

Max gain from animals is 5xp and max from barbs is 10xp.

Comment

Ahh that explains it. Thanks.

Comment

Units with 5 or more experience won't gain exp from killing animals, and units with 10 or more won't gain from killing barbarians.
        -Arkalius

Comment

What happens to XP and promotions when you upgrade a unit?

/doesn't have the game yet

Comment

The promitons remain the XP points get reset to 10.

So after upgrading an 'elite' unit, it can take awhile before another promotion is available for it.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

But the unit keeps promotions, yes, even if they are not normally available to the upgraded unit?
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I believe they keep the promotions when they upgrade, but the XP resets to 10 upon upgrading.
                Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
                Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

Theseus: yes
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
                    Lemme guess.. YOu've been fighting against animals and babarians?

Max gain from animals is 5xp and max from barbs is 10xp.
                    So you can get from the barbs a unit up to lvl4, right? If your leader trait is agrressive, is this means the lvl 4 unit can become lvl5 against barbarians?

Comment

Nonono!!

It is a little confusing though, I admit. You get 5 XP points from barbs, not to XP level 5!! Same goes for barbs...10 XP points, not level 10.

Comment

Nothing confusing. You start with lvl 0 and 0 XP. At 4 XP you gain 2 levels and at 10 XP you gain another level, which means your unit is lvl 4. You need for some wonders a lvl 4 and and lvl 5 units. So the question is - if you are aggresive leader with free promotion, doest this means the units starts from lvl 2 or they are lvl 1 again, but with a promotion?
                        (I didn't play an aggresive leader and my game takes about 3-4 minutes to launch, so I hate to start a new game just to check it).

Comment

Level gains at:
                          2xp
                          5xp
                          10xp
                          17xp
                          26xp
                          37xp
                          Aggressive gives melee and gunpowder units Combat I for free, it has nothing to do with XP.
                          John 6:68

Comment

Working...
                          X