Strange point calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange point calculations

Hi there, after some testing on other difficulty-levels i succesfully finished my first game on monarch-level. Conquest Victory at 1987. Nice game, i've expected a real good point rating. But what the ...? 10495 Points? My last Domination Victory on Noble(defaultlevel) gave me more than the 21000 points - 137 years earlier, but come on - its 2 difficult levels below.

Now i did some testings. The strange results are below.:

1820 Domination, Settler, 24596 Points, ~5020 Basepoints
    1840Domination, Noble(default)-Level, 21874 Points, 4800 Basepoints

-375 Conquest, Settler, 57262 Points(OMFG!!), 1601 Basepoints
    1750 Conquest, Settler, 26928 Points, 5041 Basepoints
    1987 Conquest, Monarch(? two above default), 10495 Points, 5900 Basepoints

As i read the numbers, there are nearly the same points for domination or conquest victory on the same difficult level and in the same time - based on similar basepoints.

BUT there are no differences between the difficulty levels - which is either a bug or bad design. maybe you get even more points on easier levels.

AND the points calculation for early victories is totally crazy and way beyond any balance. espacially combined with the missing point-reduction for playing on lower difficulty-levels.

its very frustrating and demotivating to get such insane points on SETTLER and never beeing able to top this by a succesfull game on higher levels.

firaxis, change this!
    There have been no new posts in the last 1396 days to your subscribed threads.
Working...
X