Blacked out graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacked out graphics

Just installed the game on my laptop, and began the game. The background is all black and the characters are nothing but teeth and eyes. I tried to turn of AGP in my Direct X Diagnostic tool and the water became visible once a city was founded. Also, this system will crash at game start in a normal or larger size world. Here are my systems specs (According to Direct X Diagnostic):

Mobile Pentium 4-M 2.2 GHz
    512 MB RAM
    Mobility RADION 7500 with 64 MB memory
    Windows 2000 Professional 5.0 Build 2195

Not sure what else you need. Please let me know what you think I should do (if there is anything to do) as I have tried the whole update the Video Card driver route

There are lots of threads on this already... browse around a bit.

There's no fix, but there are some limited workarounds.
    What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

I saw a bunch of people not meeting the specs on the box complaining about the game not running correctly, I have the systems specs, why am I still not able to run this game with descent graphics? Also what about the game shutting down on larger worlds?

Comment

Do you think you would mind posting an explanation of these "workarounds"? I have the same issue (no T&L on my laptop) I've heard about revealing the map with the editor but I'm not sure exactly how to do that. Also, when I tried to run the game, it was really reaaaalllly slow even with black terrain. what options can I check to speed it up? I have a 2.66 ghz laptop, so I don't understand that part. Also, how about fiddling with the graphics card settings? Anyone have any luck doing that? I have an intel extreme graphics card, but I'm not too sure about the specifics of tinkering with settings.

Comment

go to options, then to world builder (this loads the editor)

on the right of the screen there is a pannel of icons, one of these says something like world view, once you click on it there should be a globe below all the icons and when you mouse over it should say reveal all and that gives you your map back, but also everyone elses so there is no exploring needed.

I did it twice on my laptop, once it worked fine, the other I didn't turn fog of war off or something, so I saw the terrain but it was still under fog. I probably just did it wrong.
          GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

My problem is I have a T&L capable video card and still have the issue.
            Also, I cannot play a normal, large, or huge world at all. What can I do about that?

Comment

Working...
            X