Space Elevator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Elevator

Anyone know why a space elevator can be built in some cities and not in others? Is there something specific a city needs in order to build it?

PURE UNTESTED GUESS:

If I had to make the Space Elevator terrain dependent, I would link it to a very hard and stable ground. Maybe it needs nearby mountains or something?

Comment

could be something like cities that dont have enough "education"

any of those cities not have univeristy ?
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

My initial thought on this were that the city had to be relatively close to the equator in order to build the Space Elevator but this doesn't seem to be true.

Comment

Now that would be an interesting; having the effectiveness of the space elevator based partly on the latitude in which you build it.

Comment

I've wondered that about a lot of things. I know there are many requirements for things to be built. I just knew why I can't build some things in some cities, but I can in others. I'd like to know this the easy way, without having to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Manuel
              Now that would be an interesting; having the effectiveness of the space elevator based partly on the latitude in which you build it.
              Well, actually, you can't build a space elevator anywhere but the equator. It won't work.

Comment

I think we owe sidnitz a cookie then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Well, actually, you can't build a space elevator anywhere but the equator. It won't work.
                  Oh, cool Nice touch then.

In my 3 games so far I had just got to the point where I was scoping out locations to build the Space Elevator when I started crashing every ten seconds so I hadn't really been able to do a thorough check on this.

Comment

I think Kuci is talking real life here. I have only bothered to build it once, but that was not at the equator.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

If you are in the city-view, there's red text in the mouse-over telling you what's lacking in order to build something. Is this not the case for the Space Elevator?
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Hadn't noticed any red text indicators of what I was missing myself.

Kinda OT: Does the Space Elevator stack w/ labratories in its bonus to SS component production?

Comment

Originally posted by sidnitz
                          Oh, cool Nice touch then.
                          I meant IRL.

Comment

I might be wrong, but is the Space Elevator classed as a national wonder? If so, each city can only build 2 total, so a lot of your better production cities are likely full up already. I know in my last game, my highest production city couldn't build it, but the number 2 could.
                            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Working...
                            X