Here is a new question about Civ IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a new question about Civ IV

It is widely known that some people tend to play this game -- religiously!
    It is known that the game has an opening song 'Baba Yetu' which when translated is like the 'Our Father' prayer or the Lord's Prayer before starting a game.
    It is also known that one can send missionaries in the game and have a religion and that Great Prophets just pop-up in the game with all their Glory!

However unknown at this time, is that if I register the game with the publisher of the game, that I can consider the game -- Civilization IV -- as a religion and not pay any income taxes, but infer that it is a religion if I play the game -- religiously!

The meetings for the game take place over the Internet, and the mutli-player aspects tend to suggest that I am spreading religion around the world by playing the game, and that --- I --- should not have to pay any more income taxes after presenting this game as a religion!

Any views about this for the real world?

This is an interesting idea

Comment

How would making CIV IV your "religion", prevent you from paying income tax??

Comment

Easy, you play Civ4 so much, you lose your job and have no income. Then you wind up paying no taxes.

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Well, we in Finland have always paid high income taxes so we are always open to suggestions like yours
          GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
          even mean anything?

Comment

Well, if playing Civ IV are you spreading religion around the globe and spreading the word on different forums?

At least one can consider that the game should be tax deductable.

And I am just thinking that I am like a missionary so I am spreading the word to a world that may need help with religion?

??

Also, the minimum members considered to be a Church is 12, and 12 can play the game online, so all the costs associated with playing the game online across the world, and the servers needed and all the connections should be tax deductable for the Church of Civilization!

Although one may have to accept donations to keep it running, there is also a fansite web-kit available to say ----- spread the word!

As a religion then the Church of Civilization should be tax deductable and all associated costs within the Church of Civilization, as well as a little for my own use since I am a missionary of the Church?

Spreading the Word across boundaries and Nations!
            Last edited by Raion; November 3, 2005, 17:18.

Comment

Working...
            X