Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the creative trait help in early game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the creative trait help in early game?

Does the creative leader trait help much early on in increasing your cultural borders? Establishing my borders early on and blocking rival civs expansion in order to give me more territory to expand into have proven key to getting ahead in the game. However, I have yet to play a creative leader. How helpful is the creative trait? I like industrious. Is there a creative/industrious leader? That would be amazing for culture building.

I haven't even played anything else than Creative/Industrious. I checked all leaders right after I installed the game, started the game and I think this is the best combination. Creative trait is the best trait for my playing style.

Comment

Yes Louis XIV of France. Its in your manual :P

Anywho yes I think creative trait is really great. In early games it will give you a edge on borders and in the long run it will make culture victory so much easier. But of course it won't save you when lets say Genghis Khan decides to roll you over with his army :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaga
        Yes Louis XIV of France. Its in your manual :P

Anywho yes I think creative trait is really great. In early games it will give you a edge on borders and in the long run it will make culture victory so much easier. But of course it won't save you when lets say Genghis Khan decides to roll you over with his army :P
        Actually it helps a lot, because it adds the culture directly to your city defence. Too bad Lous XIV starts w/o most basic inventions and you need much time to have your first city running.

Comment

I was thinking about that. When I play multiplayer most people don't have the common sense to build catapults. COME ON PEOPLE take out those bonuses! :P

Comment

Creative is very helpful in the early game. 2 culture per turn gets your cities to the first cultural expansion very quickly without having to build anything or have stonehenge. If you like blocking with your borders early, you will like creative
            Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Working...
            X