How to rush production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rush production?

Manual and civilopedia state that in slavery you can rush your production by expending population, and the same for gold in Universal Suffrage.

But where/what is the button/key combo to do that? I looked everywhere in the city screen and gleaned through the relevant sections of the manual, and simply can't find how.

Anyone able to help me out here?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

I don't have a screenshot, but in the city screen, to the right of your build options, there are two little arrows, one for population hurry and the other for gold hurry. They're right above the governor option buttons. I'll try to get a screenie tonight.

Comment

Right here in the city screen:
      Attached Files
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Thanks Apocalypse Cow & Tuberski. Not that I've ever seen those two extra buttons... are they only visible when the right civic choice is choosen?
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You don't even have to open the city screen I think...

click on that rounded label under the city (where's the city's name and size is printed ) and then you should be able to click that rush production button on the bottom of the screen.

It saves you a bit of time from actually having to load the city overview in case you want to rush something that's being produced.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
            Thanks Apocalypse Cow & Tuberski. Not that I've ever seen those two extra buttons... are they only visible when the right civic choice is choosen?
            Yes, if you don't have the Civic, they are grayed out.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Keep in mind when rushing something with slavery that the population cost is usually VERY high so it's just not worth it to rush something that way unless you REALLY need it fast and are willing to wait a long time for your city to catch back up or you happen to have a ridiculous supply of food in that city which allows it to grow quickly to your "happyness cap"

Rushing with cash is a different story. If you've got the cash to rush, there's no downside. Gotta love Shrines for that.

Comment

Working...
              X