"insert disc" problem but disc is in drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "insert disc" problem but disc is in drive

I tried to load Civ4 today but the auto-install did not activate. I tried using the "run" command but received the message "Please insert dics in drive D". The disc was in the CD drive.

Why will my computer not recognise that there is in fact a CD in the CD drive?

I have a 3 year old computer with the 2002 version of Home Windows XP. I have not changed anything (other than installing and uninstalling various games).

I have the same problem with:
    - Master of Orion 2
    - Master of Orion 3
    - Medieval Lords
    - Cleopatra

I have no problems with the following games:
    - Civ 3
    - Civ 2
    - Caesar 3
    - Galactic Civilisation
    - 1503 AD

Ascendancy will load but does not run at all well.

Any ideas what the problem might be please?

Try the other disk.

I had the same problem, I think they just labeled the discs wrong because the "play" disc only has a installation .cab file on it and the "install" disc has the autoplay thing on it that pops up and has the "play game" option.

Comment

Wait, nevermind sorry I didn't read your message right.

Try it in another disc drive then, it seems like yours has a problem with the copy protection.

I have the same problem sometimes, so I just use my dvd drive for those games instead.

If you don't have another disc drive, you might have to buy one. Shouldn't be more than $20 or $30 dollars though.

Comment

I think your problem is either:

a) you have a CD drive - in AU we got the DVD version of the game - buy a new DVD drive for $40

b) Like me, you got a blank disk in the package (check for tell tale rainbow interference) - take it back and have it replaced

Good luck
        Kipper

Comment

Working...
        X