Volcano, flood and disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano, flood and disaster

Anyone have seen volcano, flood or any distaster so far?

I think it was a good addition in Civ3 Conquest? And in my last games I dont have seen any....

see ya,
    bleh

AFAIK there are no natural disasters in Civ IV. Volcanoes were fairly hit or miss for me in Civ III. I liked the idea but I thought the implementation was a bit off.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

None

Comment

I told my 5yo who loves volcanoes to help load Civ4 with me and we would then look for volcanoes cos they would have made nice ones in 3d. Very dissapointed!!!

Comment

nada....not even attacks by barbarians or anyone for that matter and I'm in 1000+AD....

crazyness...how there's so much inactvity in the game. feels like all i'm doing is pressing the space bar and watching the whale jump up and down. ;-)

Comment

Strange...

My first game was "active" even if i tried to avoid war at all cost since i wanted to learn how to play the games.

I feel like they're more things to do than Civ3... even if the advisors are (sadly) not useful. The crappiest one is the millitary advisor.

See ya,

Originally posted by mikeasdf
            nada....not even attacks by barbarians or anyone for that matter and I'm in 1000+AD....

crazyness...how there's so much inactvity in the game. feels like all i'm doing is pressing the space bar and watching the whale jump up and down. ;-)
            bleh

Comment

Re: Volcano, flood and disaster

Originally posted by cronos_qc
              Anyone have seen volcano, flood or any distaster so far?

I think it was a good addition in Civ3 Conquest? And in my last games I dont have seen any....

see ya,
              Fortunately not!

And about not being attacked by barbarian: chose a larger world next game, or chose continents, not too many civs on it. Then the barbarian WILL spawn from the fog.

Scouting the surrounding terrain might be a good idea as well if you want to chat with some barbarian
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

God..Im' ready to turn the barbs off they are such a pain...i even went into the worldbuilder and dleted a few of them to even things up...They seem to get archery and axemen before I do..

Why Didnt Vocanoes and such make it in...I feeel they would add a lot to the game...
                Lincoln's Gettysburg address has 226 words, The Ten commandments has 296 words. The US dept. of agriculture's order setting the price of cabbage has 15,269 words

Comment

Maybe it is just me but I don't like the idea of my perfectly set up empire, cranking out my warmachines in perfectly set timeing and then going to war then finding out a bunch of natural disasters ripped thru my land completely shafting me...

Comment

Natural disasters are definitely a love/hate feature. If they were done properly they could wreck civilisations and its not usually fun to lose in the middle of a fun game thanks to a random event. I can see why they left something out that most of their customers will turn off most of the time. Its a classic candidate for an xpack feature once all the "must have" items have been dealt with.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

2 games played....NADA

watching 2 other game reports, not stated

would you call the AI pillaging 3/4 of all tiles, followed up by off shore bombardment until defenses reached 0, a disaster?
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                      X