United Nations Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Nations Resolutions

Ok, so when you get nominated at head of the UN, how exactly do you sponsor other resolutions? I have no idea how to bring them up, though by my position, I'm the only one that has the right to do so....

So... how?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

It will pop up in 3 turns.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ah... every three turns a new option? Or you can vote on how many you want after 3 turns?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Every three turns if you're the Secretary General, a popup shows up asking which resolution you want. After three resolutions, a new SG election occurs.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ah... thanks Solver .

Comment

united nations vote

I am playing as the egyptians Only one war up to 1983 The war was started by France In the diplomacy screen it showed all the civilizations were either pleased with me or cautious (only one Arabia ) france was annoyed I won the United Nation Wonder I was number one in scorin a 100 points ahead of the russian and 200 Points ahead of France Yet when they voted I only had 170 and they voted in France
            Question what do the votes mean,how are they calculated and can you do anything to manipulate it I cant find any reference in the manual or in forum

Comment

Little off-topic note:
              Dots and commas makes posts better readable...

Comment

Dots are overrated
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Re: united nations vote

Originally posted by Tomas1931
                  Question:
                  What do the votes mean ?
                  How are they calculated ?
                  Can you do anything to manipulate it ?
                  (punctuation mine, yes it's better)

Each civ vote is weighted mostly by the population and some minor parameters I can't figure: this give you a point total.

Then the resolution is passed if the sum of the points of the CIV agreeing it reach the total needed (the total points needed is shown in the resolution screen).

As I said, you can improve you points by increasing your population.

Most importantly you can gain the votes of other civs by having them liking you (and I hope they are if you plan to play with the UN wonder !).
                  Better than playing blitz chess and piano simultaneously: Warcraft III

Comment

You can't get them all to like you, so getting close to a couple of powerful allies may get the votes needed. Weak allies are not much use in the UN, though they could tip the balance. It's probably not a good idea to have weak allies, though, as you're likely to get powerfull enemies.

Having all the early religions might be one way to get a block of allies, but that won't always be possible. Trade, Civics, response to help are also influential.

Comment

Working...
                    X