My complaint rant - USPS SUCKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My complaint rant - USPS SUCKS!!

So I live in an apartment complex with a somewhat confusing mailbox system - ie the mailboxes don't match up to your apartment number, but rather rely on a different numerical system. Numerous times I've had mail delivered into my mailbox that isn't for me.

90% of the time I do the polite, kind thing and walk the mail over to the person's apartment in person. (The other 10% of the time I chuck it back in the mailbox so the idiot mailman can try again).

Today during my lunch hour, I decide to check on the delivery status of my Amazon.com pre-ordered Civ4.

HOORAH!! It's been delivered.

Rush home to my mail box, grab the key for the larger boxes USPS gives you when the package won't fit in your box, and open up the bigger box.

Package in their ain't mine.

Cool. No worries. Person who's package I have probably has my package. Walk her package over to her. Elderly lady. She doesn't have my package. She has checked her mail.

Dumb ass postman has put the key (MY KEY FOR MY GAME) into some random mailbox.

I'm left hoping whoever has my Amazon package is a decent human being, not a thief, and will walk my package over to me.

Unfortunately, my faith in humanity has run thin over the past several years, so I think I may be screwed, and with absolutely zero recourse as far as I know.

Man I'm pissed.
    Last edited by JoeGator; November 3, 2005, 19:21.

keep us informed if you receive your package.

See ya
    bleh

Comment

That (as you already know) sucks. You should contact your Post Office and let them know that while the tracking information indicates that your package was delivered that it has not been and you would like to find out where it is. If that produces no results, contact Amazon and let them know that the package was not delivered, and that the USPS was unable to resolve the situation.
      That it is wrong for a man to say he is certain of the objective truth of a proposition unless he can provide evidence which logically justifies that certainty. This is what agnosticism asserts and in my opinion, is all that is essential to agnosticism. ["Agnosticism and Christianity", 1889, Thomas Huxley]

Gary Denney
      >>>-----The Archer----->

Comment

Originally posted by archermoo
        That (as you already know) sucks. You should contact your Post Office and let them know that while the tracking information indicates that your package was delivered that it has not been and you would like to find out where it is. If that produces no results, contact Amazon and let them know that the package was not delivered, and that the USPS was unable to resolve the situation.
        Contacted Amazon already with an email, intend on contacting the post office (which is right behind my apartment) tomorrow.

I can't believe it. I was being so patient waiting for my game . . . was like a kid on Christmas Eve all afternoon at work today.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGator

Contacted Amazon already with an email, intend on contacting the post office (which is right behind my apartment) tomorrow.

I can't believe it. I was being so patient waiting for my game . . . was like a kid on Christmas Eve all afternoon at work today.

You have my SINCERE empathy!!! I live in a complex that has the same mail problems at times.

I have chosen to have all my orders delivered to my workplace.

Funny how bills always make it to the right box...
          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

UPDATE:

Amazon and USPS came through big time.

Amazon shipped me a free replacement that will arrive tomorrow (expedited shipping).

After calling USPS from work this morning and finally getting someone at my local P.O. - they located my package and it was waiting for me when I got home today.

Amazon get their replacement shipment back, and a dedicated customer (who's about to buy a new digital camera from them thanks to their A+ customer support).

Comment

Very cool!
              That it is wrong for a man to say he is certain of the objective truth of a proposition unless he can provide evidence which logically justifies that certainty. This is what agnosticism asserts and in my opinion, is all that is essential to agnosticism. ["Agnosticism and Christianity", 1889, Thomas Huxley]

Gary Denney
              >>>-----The Archer----->

Comment

Working...
              X