Wich John Adams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich John Adams?

I tried doing a web search on John Adams the composer for Civ IV music.

Can Firaxis give us his web page so we know it's the CORRECT John Adams.

I seen a John Adams, went to his web site, he is a composer but don't have no lisiting for Civ IV so not shure if he is the correct one.

Can you please give us a link to him please?

Very greatfull

Davor

John Coolidge Adams, composer of Nixon in China, among others.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

He doesn't have a listing for Civ4 because the works by him used in the game are from the opera Nixon in China, it's not original work composed for the game as such.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

It's "sure," goddamit.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

John Adams, an American Master at 75 Adams, arguably our greatest living composer, has done operas inspired by recent history. In “Antony and Cleopatra,” he turns to Shakespeare. Read At New York Times Library of Congress Acquires Music Manuscripts and Papers of Composer John Adams Modern Classical Composer

I would HIGHLY recommend this recording:

as it is a great performance of Harmonielehre in its unadulerated form (we had to regretfully cut parts of it as it was just too loud...)
          - What's that?
          - It's a cannon fuse.
          - What's it for?
          - It's for my cannon.

Comment

There's no such thing as "too loud" in classical music.

(I'm a Mahler fan. )
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

but there is such a thing as too loud for a game!

I did NOT cut The Chairman Dances though... I just didn't have the heart to do it.
              - What's that?
              - It's a cannon fuse.
              - What's it for?
              - It's for my cannon.

Comment

The Chairman Dances has become my favorite piece of Civ4 music so far . That's a really good music choice for the Modern eras.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I used Mahler, Bruckner, Resphigi, Holst and Wagner as alternate music files in Civ3. I didn't find them "too loud" at all. Isn't that what adjusting the music volume is for?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

That's just because you're a classical music expert, most others would indeed consider Wagner too loud.

Comment

As usual lately (!), the quote I get when posting is appropriate:

The difference between waltzes and disco is mostly one of volume.

Comment

Thank you very much. Have to go to HMV and get one of cd's. Any recomanadtions?

Comment

or, if you're adventurous, just get the whole Earbox. It was worth my money...
                          - What's that?
                          - It's a cannon fuse.
                          - What's it for?
                          - It's for my cannon.

Comment

Working...
                          X