T&L emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&L emulation

I'm making a seperate topic of this, even though its been discussed a little bit in other threads. It seems that the cause of the cheshire cat leaders/black terrain problems so many have is not having T&L (transform and lighting) capability on your video card.

There's a program called 3Danalyze you can get that supposedly emulates T&L so you can play the game. here's the link:

Starting from this page you can get access to the download page of 3D-Analyze latest release. Besides you can read several tutorials on 3D-Analyze, browse its archive, and gain access to our 3D-Analyze related forum

The version that seems to run at all is 3.26.

But I haven't gotten it to fix the problem with civ4 yet because the 3D analyze program has all sorts of boxes you can tick and its very complicated. So I'm making this thread to encourage ANYONE who may have experimented with 3D analyze or any other T&L emulator for that matter and is more computer literate to explain how exactly to use this type program to fix the cheshire cat/black terrain symptoms that many have had.
    At the very least, this will let us people without T&L video cards know if we need to upgrade cards, or as in my case, give up hope because our laptop does not have upgradeable video card
    Last edited by rvinall; November 2, 2005, 20:29.

As I understand it, 3D-Analyze won't work at this stage (although the reason for that is unclear). Another program, called "Swiftshader" may work - but I've not tried it, so I'm uncertain. You can get it at the following URL:

Comment

Tried swiftshader, no luck. I ran Civ4 with it, but all it did was make the game so slow I can't even start a game. cheshire cat faces still present. This really sucks, and I'm starting to lose hope here. I've waited so long for this game. I only got this computer less than a year ago, and a new one is at least 2-3 years off for me. It looks like unless a miracle patch comes out, my copy will be returned.

In the meantime, of course, I'd still really like to hear if anyone has success with T&L emulation.
      Last edited by rvinall; November 2, 2005, 21:02.

Comment

Originally posted by rvinall
        I'm starting to lose hope here. I've waited so long for this game. I only got this computer less than a year ago, and a new one is at least 2-3 years off for me. It looks like unless a miracle patch comes out, my copy will be returned.

In the meantime, of course, I'd still really like to hear if anyone has success with T&L emulation.
        Same here. I will download this to see if it works.. although I highly doubt it.. and I too am in the very same boat.

PLEASE if anyone does get this to work, tell us and post your specs to see if we can bask in the awesomeness with you...
        Siga El Conejo Blanco
        Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
        | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Working...
        X