Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you listen to the music while not playing the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you listen to the music while not playing the game?

I asked this before, and can't find my thread for it so I am asking again.

Someone told me to go to the folders but when I go there it's all empty. I don't see anything there and I even tried to show hidden folders but still don't see anything.

So I tried my Windows Media Player and it says Civ 4 but then said it can't play the files.

Do I need win amp? I needed that to play the music for C2P2.

Any help would be greatly apprciated since I would love to hear the music while surfing the net.

The special edition package comes with a soundtrack cd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,ape
      The special edition package comes with a soundtrack cd.
      Don't rub it in.

Comment

Go to the installation directory:

\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack

Here you should see three mp3 files and five different directories, named "Classical", "Medieval", and so forth. These directories contain the game music in mp3 form. The \Soundtrack\ directory itself has the menu music, the opening slideshow narration with music, and the UN theme.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I did go there, everything is empty, I don't see any mp3 files nothing, I don't know what else to do. But I get the music when I play the game.

Comment

I found it, for some reason I keep checking MY DOCUMENTS\Civ 4 blah blah blah,,, I thought that's where it was installed since I didn't see where I could custum install the game.

Well it was in PROGRAM FILES\FIRAXIS\blah blah blah

thanks for the help\

Comment

Ah, that was what I was going to ask next. Seriously. Some games DO place the music under My Documents.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I took the soundtrack CD and made them into 320kbps files for my mp3 player. Baba Yetu through a pair of Etymotic Isolator 6i's on a Zen Micro sounds awesome.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                X