Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty

From the 2K Games Website

LIMITED WARRANTY. Owner warrants that the original Storage Media holding the SOFTWARE is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase as evidenced by Your receipt. If for any reason You find defects in the Storage Media, or if you are unable to install the SOFTWARE on your home or portable computer, You may return the SOFTWARE and all ACCOMPANYING MATERIALS to the place You obtained it for a full refund. This limited warranty does not apply if You have damaged the SOFTWARE by accident or abuse.
    So what if the defect is not the Storage Media but the Software written on the Storage Media. Naturally there's nothing in there about defects in software workmanship....

Sorry if this comes out harsh, but I've spent $50, and about 12 hours of my time and still all I have is a pretty paper-weight (Glad I pre-ordered, the standard box wouldn't look as nice sitting on my bookshelf) I have installed, uninstalled, updated every driver, created new users, unpacked pak files, reformatted, sacrificed a goat, and the stupid game still won't get past the "Checking XML" message on load. Yes I've seen all the posts about them you don't have to send me to another one. THE DARN GAME SHOULD WORK OUT OF THE BOX!!!!

Well, for one, it does work out of the box. I have some graphics problems (new vidcard supposedly to be delivered today...) and there's the memory leak issue, but I can still play the game. You're still missing something. What, I can't possibly guess. You're just going to have to either double and triple check everything carefully or wait for the patch to see if that clears things up for you (preferably both). Don't give up on the game just yet...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re: Warranty

Originally posted by skraut
      From the 2K Games Website

So what if the defect is not the Storage Media but the Software written on the Storage Media. Naturally there's nothing in there about defects in software workmanship....

Sorry if this comes out harsh, but I've spent $50, and about 12 hours of my time and still all I have is a pretty paper-weight (Glad I pre-ordered, the standard box wouldn't look as nice sitting on my bookshelf) I have installed, uninstalled, updated every driver, created new users, unpacked pak files, reformatted, sacrificed a goat, and the stupid game still won't get past the "Checking XML" message on load. Yes I've seen all the posts about them you don't have to send me to another one. THE DARN GAME SHOULD WORK OUT OF THE BOX!!!!

There have been cases of disks no being able to be read by peoples CDROM drives, these problems are what the warranty is all about.

As far as your problems there's a patch due out next week so hopefuly your problems will be addressed.

CS
      Global Admin/Owner
      Civilization Players Leagues
      www.civplayers.com
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

As far as your problems there's a patch due out next week so hopefully your problems will be addressed.
        Well I'll be tarred and feathered, that really sucks. I would have preferred it if they would have released the game next week then.

skraut, if you can't the game to run in a satisfactory manner, I'd take the game back. After all, the data on the disk is indeed pressed as part of its worksmanship.

Comment

Working...
        X