This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any updates on the patch yet?

We have any news on the patch yet? Any idea of what exactly they are working on fixing first.
    Realism and Extended Game play Mod Supporter.

Check it out over at www.civfanatics.com, under the Creation Forum.

No, nothing more than that there are a patch in the making I think. And no, Firaxis don't use to tell us anything of what they plan to fix I think.

BTW, welcome!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

This patch is supposed to be for the big showstopping bugs from what people are saying on these boards, it would be nice to see it quickly, the candy patches can roll out whenever.
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

The memory leak issue needs to be fixed with all possible haste.

Made it to the 20th century in a Standard map game last night only to find that I can randomly crash to the desktop or bluescreen on a Standard map just as well as I can on Large and Huge maps. There wasn't as big of a slowdown issue prior to the crash, but I'm crashing none the less. Not even going to bother trying anything smaller.

I've tried disabling all the eye candy possible, cutting resolution in half, running the game in a window, installing a different graphics card, doing a fresh install of WinXP Pro SP2 and Civ 4, running MemTest x86, sacrificing live roosters over my power supply, etc. all with no effect. I didn't have any issues with the dozen or so other games that were installed on this machine prior to the reload either.

If I were a purely selfish guy, I would be wishing they would have stuck with the mid-November release date at this point.

Oh well... guess I can busy myself with reloading my other games and applications while we wait for a patch.

Comment

The live roosters always works, I don't understand ...

If they had waited until mid-Nov, same problem I'm pretty sure.

What has me concerned is, how did the game get out the door with a mem leak in the first place? This is no obscure leak that happens only to people with rickety systems and wobbly graphics cards on only one map under obscure circumstances. It happens to seemingly everyone.

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
            X