A tought on how to speed up Intel 9X5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tought on how to speed up Intel 9X5

I play Civ4 on my laptop with my Intel 915(GMA900).

I noticed something cool and weird.

As soon as i talk with another leader to trade things, after my trade when i go back to the terrain, my framerate increase dramatically. Maybe 2x, 3x. Is something you'll notice in the first second when you scroll the map.

I Dont know the technicall explanation. But wanted to say this for people who have the Intel915 chipset.

See ya,

Dom
    bleh

That is very odd. A lot of people complain of performance degredation after talking to leaders. What are the rest of your specs, game options, etc?

Comment

Centrino Chipset Intel 915
      512 Meg Ram
      Video card: Intel GMA 900 - Video Memory Dynamically allocated(up to 128m, you choose this option in the Bios).
      Pentium M 715(1.5 ghz, equal to P4 2.1GHZ)

Game Option:

Graphics to Low except Render Quality at Medium(I dont know why I keep it at medium I dont see any difference).
      Animation are on, Details are Off.

After playing other game, I can confirm without doubt that the game run really smoother after talking to leader...

Try to enable the DMVA(i think it's how is called). Do not choose any Fixed memory allocation, I tried with 64m fixed, 128m fixed and the best results was with DMVA Enable.

See ya.

Originally posted by Sabre2th
      That is very odd. A lot of people complain of performance degredation after talking to leaders. What are the rest of your specs, game options, etc?
      Last edited by CrONoS; November 2, 2005, 16:19.
      bleh

Comment

Well I don't have an Intel card... I was just curious because it doesn't seem to be the norm for an increase there

Comment

Working...
        X