Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Localization?

Hello

I live in France and I'm going to buy CivIV from UK. Is there multi-language in one box or the game bought in Uk will be only in english?
    In other words: is there any choice for the language when setting up the game?

thanks

Every game comes in five(?) languages.

English, French,German, Spanish and Italian, just change the setting in the options menu and it will change on the fly!!!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
      Every game comes in five(?) languages.

English, French,German, Spanish and Italian, just change the setting in the options menu and it will change on the fly!!!
      You'll also see this as "EFSIG" in some places.

Same thing.
      Tom P.

Comment

Note that the the DVD version has the multilanguage stuff. If they sell the CD version in the UK as well, it will probably be only in English.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Some games in the UK have language options, many don't. Have a chat to the company you're ordering the game from to find out (ring, speak to a machine, finally get a person, get put on hold while they find out, get given the wrong answer )
          "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

The US CD version has the language options.... So I think its a safe bet that that all the European editions will have multi language options.
            ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

The US/CD version has the language options but only the UK/DVD option haa the language AUDIO files. So you can chnage the language in the US?CD version but only the text changes. If you want localized audio, you need to have the UK/DVD version. And even then I think only one language is installed (audio-wise).

Comment

Working...
              X