Barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarians

As i am a peace loving monarch i rarely build military units unless in times of war. however recently i have been plagued but tons of barbairant. they are unable to take my cities but i was wondering where in blazes do the ome from? do they just appare out of thin air or do they actually have cities?

They appear in the fog, and YES, they can have cities (the borders will be black).

In my most recent game, I sailed over to an island that had a size7 barb city on it. I've heard that on the higher difficulty levels (maybe w/raging barbs) they may go so far as trying to build wonders...

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Barbs are the most aggressive in this Civ than any other I've seen. I have the same problem... I get waves upon waves of them wrecking all of my improvements then beating themselves against my city defenses. It isn't so bad but for the fact that it's just plain annoying to fight barbarians on a constant basis for 2500 years, but I don't want to turn them off...

I've been looking for their cities, but they must have an entire civilization of their own started... I just haven't found them yet. I've had everything on up to axemen actually come up and capture one city, which I captured back the next turn, and then they destroyed another city of mine, which had me floored when I took several units up to recapture it only to find a pile of smoking rubble...

Comment

I'm very impressed with the barbarians. If you play the terra style map the babrbarians will often be on the "new world". When I found them they had four cities of decent size, several wonders and they had developed units nearly as powerful as mine. hehe, I'm so used to being able to run over barbarians that I was surprised I had to build a fairly large force to take care of them. On the plus side; you end up with some nice city's that you can take without going to war with another civ.

Comment

They are definitely beefed up good this time around... I wish there was an option to ask your allies in the game to go to war against the barbarians. Ok, so that's just nitpicking and admitting that I'm a wuss, LOL.

They are aggressive even without the option turned on! I'd really hate to see what would happen if I did turn on aggressive barbs. I'd get wiped real soon.

OK... for city defense, I normally have one archer. But they always eventually end up wearing them down and destroying or taking my city. So for future games, I'm always using at least 2 archers for defense.

Comment

Like in the previous games, they don't seem to spawn near civilizations. They will spawn out of the air, but sometimes cities appear, which seem to follow all the normal rules of the game. In fact, if you play on Terra maps, then by the time you get to the new world there will likely be a number of barbarian cities, all with workers and improvements connected by roads. They start as warriors in the early going, then become archers about the time the animals start going away. I've seen horse archers, axemen and swordsmen during the classical era, and in the later game they'll field riflemen. I don't know if they'd get past that, as the games I've seen them as riflemen have usually ended not terribly long after that point.
            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Working...
            X