Civ4 also supports Dual-Monitor play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 also supports Dual-Monitor play.

(..)Civ4 also supports Dual-Monitor play.(..)
    CivFanatics

So, has anyone used this feature yet?
    I would like to know how it looks.
    What is seen on the second screen etc.

A screenie pair from both screens would be probably very explanatory.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

I believe MarkG posted a picture of this in a news feature a while back.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

For those wondering (and so you don't have to search the whole bloody site) you can see it here (http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?si...s=5549&cat=346).

And I'm swithching to DM display tonight and see how it performs and if there's any benefit.

I'll let you guys know.
      Tom P.

Comment

This splitscreen mode seems a bit weird.

I expected to be able to configure a special dialogue for the second screen, like some advisoral screen being open there all the time, or the world view from more or less zoom than first view, so I can follow the global changes simultaneously.

Let us know, yeah and thanks!
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
          This splitscreen mode seems a bit weird.

I expected to be able to configure a special dialogue for the second screen, like some advisoral screen being open there all the time, or the world view from more or less zoom than first view, so I can follow the global changes simultaneously.

Let us know, yeah and thanks!
          I'm going to take a look at the XML and INI as well. There may be things in there that can change or configure the second display.

Good idea, thanks.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah

I'm going to take a look at the XML and INI as well. There may be things in there that can change or configure the second display.

Good idea, thanks.

Tom P.
            Nope. Can't get it to work. If I use DualMonitor mode the game runs but the second screen does nothing. You do, however, loose the right edge of the screen since your mouse will slide clear off the screen and into the next one. A bit of good aim and you can find the scroll activation border but it's not easy.

If I use the Horizontal Span (that nVidia does) it doesn't run. I get the infamous "Cannot Initialize Renderer" error.

I didn't get a chance to go through the XML or INI yet, sorry.

Tom P.

nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra with 81.85 drivers.

Comment

MarkG could tell us how he got it working..

Comment

Custom resolution, windowed mode. In the .INI. Hope you have a powerful video card.

Comment

There is a thread here on poly with a pic of a triple monitor setup.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                    Custom resolution, windowed mode. In the .INI. Hope you have a powerful video card.
                    Yeah, see. I didn't get into the INI last night. I just changed the Windows selections and gave it a try.

Let's see what tonight has in store and I'll take a dip in the INI and XML. (I hope, I keep having crap pop-up at the last possible minute. Leave me alone and let me play!).

Tom P.

Comment

There is a thread here on poly with a pic of a triple monitor setup.
                      Where?

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin

Where?

Comment

In the .INI file, where is this "Custom resolution, windowed mode" set exactly ?
                          I tried various combination of the height and width variable without success.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkati
                            In the .INI file, where is this "Custom resolution, windowed mode" set exactly ?
                            I tried various combination of the height and width variable without success.
                            But did you set it to windowed mode? They are two different settings. One is windowed mode. The other is to set the custom res.

You found the custom res, now find the Windowed Mode and you're set. Not to be a jerk but it probably says something about Windowed (or maybe you turn FullScreen OFF).

Make sure your desktop is set for spanning monitors.

Tom P.

Comment

Gen Forum thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X