Dealing with multiple Holy Cities and religions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with multiple Holy Cities and religions

In all my games so far I founded at least three religions. I made some mistakes with it but I think this should be the way with it:

-Outside your own country, only spread your state religion. If you are Hindu, don't send a Jew Missionary outside, even if you have the Jew shrine. You'll get money of it, but the other Civs can adopt Judaism and they'll hate you.

-Instead, use the Jew missionary to spread Judaism in your own cities. This well get you money as well and doesn't have disadvantages (advantage will be being able to build more temples)

-Make sure you spread your state religion outside your borders to make cash and get good relations if they adopt your religion.

Is there any negative effects having more religions then your state religion in one city?

Comment

Only if you go to war with a Civ with that Religion.
      "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

If you're Hindu, you can still send Jewish missionaries out safely, just balance it. For instance, spread Hinduism to all cities of some civ, and Judaism to one half - won't make them switch to Judaism, but will give cash.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

From what I've seen the "Organized Religion" or "Theocracy" (forget which) helps. This is the civic that does not allow spreading of non-state religion.

As for the holy shrines. Until I've secured exactly what relations I'm going to have with my neighbors (you can do alright, even with the religion penalty with some), I use the prophets for their tech ability instead. To me, and my playstyle, it seems better over the long run. (I usually end up with 2 or 3 religious techs - one of which gets me a useful civic). The shrine income doesn't outweigh it at that stage of the game.

Once liberalism hits, however, then I complete the other shrines, and hop to "Free Religion"

Comment

Working...
          X