Rhye's Earth map vs. in game Earth map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhye's Earth map vs. in game Earth map

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the difference between the two maps are? I haven't had a chance to play either yet.

Thanks.

Well, they're pretty similar. In fact, they're exactly the same.

Comment

Both are running incredible slow?
      Greetz, Ramses

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
        Well, they're pretty similar. In fact, they're exactly the same.
        Thanks

It mentions on the front page of Apolyton that Rhye's map has all 18 civ's in thier world appropriate starting locations. That's also the same as the scenario map in Civ4?

Comment

I think the scenario in-game just has fewer players at startup.

Rhye made the world map scenario that comes in the game, I believe.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

both are too big for my system, means my pc crashed around the year 1500. crashing means, the framerate goes down to 2 fps until the pc freezes. After rebooting the pc I can't load the savegames anymore. The game starts with the mainmenu, shows the loading screen of the savegame but then, the screen turns black and the pc freezes -> coitus interuptus, wich is becoming rather frustrating.

I will play now a medium map to see, if i can finally manage to finish a game.

I always considered my system as sufficient for most games (hl2, gtlegends run fine on 1280x10024 with everything on maximum). I'm not a hard- or software expert, but I think, civ4 has a memory problem.

my system specs are: amd athlon 2.4, 1048 MB RAM, ATI 9800 pro, winxp (shouldn't this be enough for civ4?)

Comment

Working...
            X