No announcement yet.

New Civilopedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found something, if u right click on research in technology advisor it will open civilopedia on this research page.

Comment

You must be kidding, right? Who doesn't know that? Emmm, if you are NOT kidding... thanks for the tip, keep them coming.

Comment

Well i aint know that, how i supposed to, its my first time playing civ and i dont have manual :P Guess i would not know for long time if i didnt messed with technology advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by Adolf2000
          Well i aint know that, how i supposed to, its my first time playing civ and i dont have manual :P Guess i would not know for long time if i didnt messed with technology advisor.
          Strangely enough, people who don't have manuals are most of the times those running pirate copies. These aren't exactly appreciated over here...

DeepO

Comment

I got my game off ebay and it came with no manual.

Comment

Now why would anyone remove the manual from the package before selling it on eBay?

DeepO

Comment

Didn't a lot of the games come without manuals this time? Or in French or something? You'd need the civilopedia then for sure. Of course if the civilopedia was in French too now that would be funny.

Comment

no, there were very few (if not none) games shipped without manual, and it's the tech tree that can be in french. You are lucky if you got one of those, though, they're rare

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO

Strangely enough, people who don't have manuals are most of the times those running pirate copies. These aren't exactly appreciated over here...

DeepO
                    At least some of the people who have no manual are like me DeepO; my box did not contain a manual, and I'm still waiting for EB to call me and say they've got a new copy I can exchange mine for that does have a manual.

As for the french tech tree, they're common in Canada. The french tree only exists because of us Course, I'm still willing to trade it to any US player who wants it. In exchange for a manual.
                    Last edited by ZanThrax; November 7, 2005, 17:21.

Comment

no, there were very few (if not none) games shipped without manual, and it's the tech tree that can be in french. You are lucky if you got one of those, though, they're rare.
                      Well, I got a complaint... I received a manual but it came with missing pages, and repeated information... about 50+ pages worth.

I don't have any info on multiplayer, or modding, if the manual covered that info. Anyways... sorry, back to the thread...

I imagine that the choice to make icons instead of a alphanumeric tree for units, etc... came from the (misplaced?) belief that "icons" are somehow easier for us to remember after some time, since we are conditioned for icons, quick TV/Cable graphics - ie. advertising, so...

In my opinion success with a icon system would all depend on either "right-brain" or "left-brain" issue, which I would guess, more Civ4ers are going to be more "left-brained" people - they like to dig into the info!

Success with icons would depend on people with a right-brain dominance, hardly a large potion of the population in my opinion. Although, we are all conditioned for icons now and graphics... but, most strategy games (imop) seem to attact more left-brain people... anyways...

I think you get my point.

I was a little miffed at first at the "icons" and having to search over each and see what the hover-text said... but I got used to it...

I also imagine that this will be a debate that has filtered to Firiaxis already and they "hopefully" will provide both, with an option for either. That's just my vote.

hehehe... I want my cake and I want to eat it too!

P.S. anyone know of a PDF version (legall) of the manual? And I am new to the forum... greetings to all.

Comment

Working...
                      X