Single player needs AutoSave !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single player needs AutoSave !

Heck i just lost 3 hours of gameplay because my pc rebooted!
    I think single player have autosaves to but when i checked folder it had no new saves , cant civ4 creators think they need include autosave in singleplayer as well?

Like every latest strategy i played have autosaves over sp compagin...

That's weird - I had single player autosaves all the time. They are saved in My Games -> Civ 4 -> Saves -> Single -> Autosaves or something like that.
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

Comment

I did have some autosaves, but not much, like in civ3 where I got every turn autosaves.

Comment

I think they are done every turn or so, but the game deletes old autosaves, keeping only 5 or 6 recent ones.
        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
        - Frank Herbert

Comment

there is autosave in single player. It saves every 5 or 6 turns.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Go to the INI file (\mydocuments\mygames\CivIV\CivIV.INI)

Set (bottom of the page)
            AutoSaveInterval = 1

Multiple deja-vus here...
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

In your .INI file you can set the interval between autosaves and in the GlobalDefines.XML file in Assets\XML\ you can change the number of Autosaves kept. In other words, if you're so inclined, you can keep 550 autosaves from a single game.

Comment

How big are the save files? I haven't actually checked on that myself yet.

As for finding them, when you open the load screen, the game has the single player folder selected; hit the + to open the subfolder list, select the auto folder, and then it will show you the auto save files. There's one for 4000 BC, and then the (6?) most recent saves; default is every 4 turns, iirc.

Comment

they begin at around 100KB and increse to about 300/400KB (standard map). They need to be small enough for PBEM games.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Single player has autosave.

Are you looking in the right savegame folder?

Comment

Ah, informative. Thanks guys...

Go to the INI file (\mydocuments\mygames\CivIV\CivIV.INI)

Set (bottom of the page)
                      AutoSaveInterval = 1

Multiple deja-vus here...

In your .INI file you can set the interval between autosaves and in the GlobalDefines.XML file in Assets\XML\ you can change the number of Autosaves kept. In other words, if you're so inclined, you can keep 550 autosaves from a single game.
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                      X