Build Same Unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Same Unit?

Is there an option to build the same unit after the city has finished producing the first one?

The screen comes up asking what I want to produce next, but what I was just producing isn't selected so I have to scroll down to the unit and click on it... That could get really old in larger games...

Yea you can. Go open your city menu and click on whatever unit you want to build a few times and presto your units are now queued.

Comment

I'm not positive but I think if you alt-click, the city will keep building the same unit. There's some keystroke>click combination that will allow you to do that at any rate, I recall reading about it somewhere.

Comment

Willem is correct, it's alt-click.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
          Willem is correct, it's alt-click.
          Alright! Not bad for someone who doesn't even have the game yet.

Comment

Now THAT will be most useful. Only have to remember it by the time I get home.

Comment

I think it's ALT + right-click to be more specific

edit: You'll know you got it right when an asterisk ("*") appears before the unit name in the build queue... so if it says *Warrior, for example, that city is producing infinite warriors!
              Last edited by TheDarkside; November 2, 2005, 10:23.

Comment

Fantastic!!

That is exactly the information I was looking for.

Thanks everyone,

Comment

Do you use build queueing for your cities? I always try to plan my builds out at least 4 in advance for all cities so I can always focus on grand strategy issues without having to be interrupted 5 times at the start of every turn giving cities new build orders.

Comment

Whether in Civ or other strat games, I always set my build queues up to last a few turns - if they need a tweak a little further down the line then so be it.

This is also useful when I have little idea where my strategy is going, when I just tend to work on economy.
                    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Starting to understand the merit of queuing here.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You can also queue up Worker actions. It's too bad you can't queu up entire invasions against an enemy civ... Soren laughs at me in MP games for being the 'QUEUE MASTER'.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                          You can also queue up Worker actions.
                          That's nice to know. It will certainly save alot of micromanaging for those people who don't like to automate their Workers. Like me!

By any chance is it possible to save a queue list from game to game? In Civ 3, I used a pretty standard setup that I applied to all new cities, which didn't really vary much from game to game. I always thought it would be nice to be able to save that somehow and load it up in a new game.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                            By any chance is it possible to save a queue list from game to game? In Civ 3, I used a pretty standard setup that I applied to all new cities, which didn't really vary much from game to game. I always thought it would be nice to be able to save that somehow and load it up in a new game.
                            According to the manual:

[Ctrl-# Key] : Save a production queue (in city screen)

Edit: Er, never mind. I didn't notice your "from game to game" requirement. Sorry.

And how exactly does one queue up actions to be performed by a worker?

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdash

According to the manual:

[Ctrl-# Key] : Save a production queue (in city screen)
                              That's cool though. That means you can have multiple queues you can load up as needed. Excellent!

Comment

Working...
                              X