Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question on how Cultural borders work

This seems strange compared to Civ3.

My cultural border from one of my core cities extends far into my neighbor's front lawn (2 squares away from their closest city, 5 from mine). I build a new city 1 square away from the border, meaning 3 squares from theirs. My border SHRUNK as a result and now this new city is right on the border, while my neighbor got new territories.

Is this to be expected or not?

That's odd... I assumed that the cultural borders were determined by the *sum* of the culture put into them by the surrounding cities. If the border shrank, then it clearly can't be that simple, since adding a city would never decrease that sum...

Comment

I think your borders are more highly influenced by the culture of the nearest city than by your overall culture so if your overall culture is huge and you build a new city on the border that might cause your border to shrink until the new city built up enough culture to expand a couple of times.

Comment

Wow, that sounds strange. Is it possible the opponents border expanded right around the same time as you plunked that city down? Or did it happen immediately?

Comment

Working...
        X