Resources help please!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources help please!?

Okay this is somehting IM not sure of and was wondering if someone could Clairify it for me?

Example say you have 5 Iron or and have say 5 Horses? If you want to trade them can you trade all 5 or will it always keep 1 for your people? The instructions dont make it very clear. Can you trade away all of your resources? Im wondering this because when it says I have 1 Horse for trade is that my last Horse or is it an extra one above the one being held for my Civ??

Thank You

Civfreak1970

You can trade all your 5 Horses. If you only have 1 Horses, you can also trade your only source away.

When you're in the diplomacy trading table, the bracketed number shows you how many sources of the resource you have.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yeah it will let you trade your only source of a resource. If you do, you will no longer gain the benefits of it so long as the trade agreement is in effect.
      -Arkalius

Comment

You could do that in CIV3. It would actually show how many extra resource you had... Now it shows how much you have, total.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

In Civ3 it would only let you trade extra resources away! So thats why I was asking and thank you all for the info! What is wierd is that I traded all my Elephants away and yet was still able to make Elephant troops??

Civfreak1970

Comment

That means you had more than one source of Ivory then.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Really, it shows the number of resources in total?
              But IIRC there are deals where the AI offers to trade Wheat(1) versus Cow(1)

And I agreed to those deals

Comment

Well, if after such a deal suddenly the health ratio in your cities go down you know you're doing the wrong thing.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                X