Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argh. The screams are driving me insane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mylon
    It isn't so much that the scream sound is annoying that it's played so much! Especially when an army rolls in on your territory and starts tearing up the landscape. Each town with a road can yield 6 instance of the scream sounds. Multiply that by just 4 tiles and that gets really, really annoying.
    You can always convert the opening of Smoke on the Water to a .wav, and have that played!

Comment

The only screams that get to me are the ones screeching up from downstairs around 2AM:

Are You Married To Me Or That Game!!!

Scuse me while I kiss the sky
      JMH

Comment

Originally posted by Caltone
        The only screams that get to me are the ones screeching up from downstairs around 2AM:

Are You Married To Me Or That Game!!!

Do you scream back: "What did you say!?? I am REALLY into my game!"?

Comment

Originally posted by Nailfoot
          Do you scream back: "What did you say!?? I am REALLY into my game!"?
          Scream back? If I did that, Firaxis could record me as the sound for cities going down

I took the performance hit and installed it on my laptop so I can play in bed. That was a better option than the other performance hit I could've took.
          Scuse me while I kiss the sky
          JMH

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            What would be a good sound to replace it with
            Homer: "Doh!"
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nailfoot
              FOUND IT! Named "CityRevolt.wav"

Under Civ4\Assets\Sounds

It is .wav file, so you can edit it in any downloadable editor and shrink it to making no sound at all.

Or course, name the original something you won't forget so you can backtrack if needs be. Something like CityRevoltBAK.wav
              Thank You!

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
              X