beginer questions on trade "extra" resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginer questions on trade "extra" resources

I assume that if a resource shows up when I negotiated, it is an "extra" resource. Is my assumption right? I don't want to lose my one and only pig even if French will give me wine.

No! It's not your extra resource if it only has a (1) next to it!

Comment

Nope, if it says (1) then it is your only resource and you can trade it away, so be carefull

If you're not going to have of yourself an time soon, you might trade it, you don't stand to loose anything but they will more than you.
      It will even improve your diplomacy with ze french.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Well if he trades France his only pig for their wine (which the AI will only trade extras for) this will mean France will get a +1 food bonus (from new pig) while you lost that +1 food bonus but instead get a +1 gold bonus (from wine)

Comment

You don't lose the tile bonus, you lose the health/happiness bonus. For example, if I trade rice (health) for coal, I lose the health point in all my cities. Sometimes, you lose 2 health points if you had a granary in the city. If you trade your only rice (health) for AI corn (health) you don't gain or lose anything, but you improve diplomatic relations with that AI while the AI gets an extra health point.

Comment

Working...
          X