Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good 'difficulty' setting for new player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good 'difficulty' setting for new player?

My wife wants to get me game at Xmas...=( So I must wait and read about all of your games. Most I have read is that you all play on or about Noble. I have NOT played any civ games except CTP2. What are the difficulty lvls and what is a good one to learn/play at and why?

What is lowest setting and its affects?

What is below Noble?

What is above Noble?

Thanks for your patience, like I said all I get to do now is read...doh.

Settler, Chieftain, Warlord, Noble, those are the first difficulty levels.

If you have only played CtP2, Noble isn't a good starting point. CtP2 is different from Civ3 or Civ4 in a lot of ways, and Noble is more meant for people who have experience with Civ3. Settler is meant for complete newcomers who have played nothing similar, so I'd say Warlord would be good for you.

Above Noble, there's Prince, Monarch, Emperor, Immortal and Deity. Monarch is where things start to really get tough.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I found Noble to be a good start to get the feel for the differences from Civ3 to Civ4.

Comment

Noble is the level that neither the player or the AI gets any bonus or handicaps. Below that level it is easier for the human and harder for the AI. Above it the helps switch to the AI.

Comment

settler was way way easy

I went warlord next game, no where near the same as the warlord in C3.
          Well...I did pick raging Barbs.

That in it self well keep you scrambling and panicking.

When I go noble NO barbs....

go ahead make your day..pick raging barbs
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'd say Warlord is a good place to start if you have *some* experience with TBS games. CTP, while very different, at least falls into that category.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Thanks!!

Wow such great help here!! Thanks VERY much for your advice. Solver, thanks much. I had a chance to see the game and see how it works at a friends house. Alas his 'puter is below recomended, in fact it barely meets min requirements if that. Thus I had LOOONG wait times between turns and all eye candy turned off. This looks to be an amazing game and I am eager to get my hands on it. I play EQ2 at times on high setting so I am sure I will not have the same issues that my friend does.

Thanks very much!!

Comment

Working...
              X