Please link me the thread about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please link me the thread about...

I do not have the game yet. However I like slower games that allow you to build and enjoy each era. I saw a thread and I cant find it, I thought it was here or maybe Civ Fanatics, but it was how to mod the research and/or turns so that you get slower research but production stays at 'normal' level.

Can someone who knows how to do this or where this thread is please link it if possible?

Thanks

I believe this is what you are after:

Comment

Thanks...

Actually there was a thread in here somewhere, where this person was actually posting XML and showing exatly what things to tweak. I remember seeing that he set Techs at 150 and left everything at 100 I think and inflation was moved from 18 to 27. For the life of me I cant find that post and it was yesterday 10/31! I thought it was here but may have been at Civ Fanatics. It was a good read in that he showed that if you want to play a game where your new stuff at the middle ages doesnt go obsolete by the time you build them so you can go out and enjoy them.

thanks for post btw...=)

Comment

Not sure which thread you're talking about then, but dearmad created a mod to do exactly what you seem to want:

Comment

try searching the forum. Try google... faster results

DeepO

Comment

FOUND IT!!!

Dont know if it is allowed to link to anothers forum but here it is. This is the link/mod that I was looking for. Anyone have any comments on it?

Have you played Civ4 and come to the conclusion that it's too fast? (My first recomendation is Noble difficulty if you've been on any lower) You go through the ages like lightning, you build an army to attack, only to have it obsolete by the time it's ready? Have you tried the epic speed? did...

Hope that helps, You may have to cut n paste I think.

Comment

Thx larsenex. That link will certainly come in handy!

Comment

Working...
              X