My civ4 FAQ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My civ4 FAQ.

Not much of faq yet, but i find this questions usefull and will place answers here as soon as i get em .

1. What Difence Bonus means? Its like strength 9 + 25%?
    2. If cell where unit stands have Defense Bonus 50% will this bonus disapear if this unit attacks enemy melee unit in nearby cell?
    3. Will bonus disapear if my archer or musketman attack enemy in nearby cell (because as animation shows they actually stand in same cell and enemy units come to attack them)?
    4. There is 2 horizontal cells with same resources other civ build city at right side cell and gets borders on both resources, i build city on left side cell and nothing happens with enemy borders, then i checked after some time and my boarders was on left side resource, why this happened?

And sometimes enemy city boarders pushing my boarders back even if city is build far from my borders, this somehow related to culture?
    5. If i build road to resource outside of my borders (not on enemy boraders) will i get access to this resource?
    6. How you build offshore oil platform?
    Last edited by Adolf2000; November 1, 2005, 08:40.

I can answer to the first question. The defence bonuses are calculated only on the base unit strenght and are stacked after that. So if you have a unit with 10 strength and it has +20% defence from promotion and 25% defence from 5 fortified turns, it will have 10+2+2.5=14.5 strength.

As for the battles I guess the defence bonus of the defender tile applies. So if a town defender counterattacks it looses the town defence bonuses.

Comment

Here's #5: You will gain access to when:
      1. It is within your cultural borders, and
      2. It has the proper improvement upon it, and
      3. It is connected to a city via road, river, or a combination of both.

-= Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Handel
        I can answer to the first question. The defence bonuses are calculated only on the base unit strenght and are stacked after that. So if you have a unit with 10 strength and it has +20% defence from promotion and 25% defence from 5 fortified turns, it will have 10+2+2.5=14.5 strength.

As for the battles I guess the defence bonus of the defender tile applies. So if a town defender counterattacks it looses the town defence bonuses.
        Heh, sorry but the +20% 'from promotions' (Combat 1 + Combat 2) adds to the base strength before other modifiers. Hence 10 (base) + 2(promotion) +25% (fortified) = 15 in this case.

Only the defender gets terrain bonuses, altho I admit the animations can make it look like the defender is the attacker.
        John 6:68

Comment

Combat promotions aren't added before or after other promotions. It doesn't even matter. Bonuses are additive. Thus, +20% from Combat II and +25% from fortification is +45%. Thus, the resulting strength is 10 + 45% of 10, which is 14.5.

Offshore Oil platforms are built by Work Boats if you have the Plastics tech.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

And oil resource must be within boarders to build platform right?

Comment

If 4 civilizations research Meditationat same time and all 4 finish research at same time, which civ gets buddism religion first (considering that only first to research Meditation gets buddism)?

Comment

Working...
              X