Money Issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Issues....

Hey guys, can someone help me with this. I can't seem to find a way to continuously make money. After about 1900 everytime! i start losing like 30/turn. I know about the religion method with the spiral minaret (i think thats it) but besides that can anyone give me some tips? thanks!

reduce your science slider to 50%. If that doesn't help, consider to build less cities next time...

instant fixes can be great merchants and trades. Religion is the best long term option. And get out of the civ3 system of only production and food, commerce is at least as important as the other two when deciding where to build/improve.

DeepO

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, i knew about the science research idea but i was hopin maybe theres a alternative action because i hate affecting my research since that will probably drop me behind the other civs in tech

Comment

Not really. Running at 100% is not necessary at all: if you can build another city, chances are that you will be getting more beakers from running 90% with an extra city, than you would be at 100% without the city.

If you do want to make sure you've got a good research rate, build more cottages. It's one of the easiest mistakes to make to focus only on hammers and food.

DeepO

Comment

Now, there are several things, you can do,
          if you begin making plans early enough,
          like not building too much cities (the number of cities dramatically affects your income )
          building cottages (which finally grow into towns)
          making open border treaties with neighbours,
          founding religion s (and spreading your beliefs across the world)
          and so on.

But if you have to make more money from one turn to the other,
          as DeepO said, reduce Science.
          Or change your Civics, if you haven´t already the best combination for generating money
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Does anything change about 1900? I wonder if inflation finally hit you hard. My big costs are generally number of cities and distance. It costs a lot more if I'm fighting a war, as I have to pay support for military units in enemy territory. Pacifism costs one gold for every military unit you own, too.
            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

I played a game on Noble as Roosevelt and was able to keep my tech level at 90% almost the entire game (had to go down to 80% for a short while in the classical era). You just gotta focus on increasing your income somewhat... spreading religions for which you own the shrine is one good way. Trade routes, buildings that increase commerce, all these are good things.
              -Arkalius

Comment

If your using pacifism prepare to take a MAJOR economic hit. Your gold will be drained faster then a fat man chowing down on twinkees o.0

Only use pacifism if you are a great person makeing machine

Comment

Working...
                X