Quick questions on using Civ4 features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick questions on using Civ4 features

Here's a couple of questions I have - even though I haven't spent time seeking their answers in the manual (or the Brady Guide) - I'm just too busy playing Civ 4 to waddle through these two guides that have no index

1. Can we use the "line drawing" feature in single-player mode? I've seen screenies with lines drawn on them, but I don't see the button I need to start drawing. I bet they are for MP mode only...

2. How to tell a city governor to de-emphasize auto-building of military units? I see buttons for emphasizing hammers, coins, etc., but I see no button for de-emphasizing military.

3. Is it just me or can we not click on a city in the Domestic Advisor menu to zoom in on the city?

4. Is there any way to have the system preserve the custom names for units after that unit has been upgraded? I find that managing the promotions and naming the units (1st Guards Boston) helps build an emotional attachment/interest in the continuing success and survival of the unit.

What are your questions? Can you answer mine?
    XP SP2; 1280MB w/3200MB virtual memory
    AMD Athlon 1700+; 500W power, 2HD's
    Radeon 9600pro 256MB (Dec 2005 Catalyst)
    SoundBlaster X-Fi (8.8.05 driver)

Re: Quick questions on using Civ4 features

Originally posted by Spocko
    1. Can we use the "line drawing" feature in single-player mode? I've seen screenies with lines drawn on them, but I don't see the button I need to start drawing. I bet they are for MP mode only...
    Zoom out all the way, then click on the "Strategy Layer" button on the top left of the minimap.

Comment

Working...
    X