City name Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City name Issue

Is there any way to progress through the City name list ? I'm playing the Persians and I dont want to name my City Susa but if I dont the next city I found will come up Susa until I leave it as a city name...I change it to Susala but I can not seem to progress to Arebela etc until I have a city named Susa...is this a bug or wroking as intented ?
    Lincoln's Gettysburg address has 226 words, The Ten commandments has 296 words. The US dept. of agriculture's order setting the price of cabbage has 15,269 words

I fear it is as intended, I also don't understand why cities cannot be renamed.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

i fear you misunderstand...cities can be renamed...click on the city name in the city screen...but when one settles a NEW city the game goes back to the last unused city name...thus I am forced to name one of my cities Susa or never see any of the other city names again...

for example if I start as the french the first city default name is Paris..lets say I name the city something else..."shaveyourpits"...well the next time I found a city the default name will be paris again...so then I accept that name..."Paris" and go into the city screen and rename it "yousmelllikemybrotherafterwork"...then find another city...the city default name will be paris...IE unles I name a city "Paris" I will never be able to see what other french city names are avaiable...

In Civ3 I beleive you could hit esc and cycle through the city name options but it doesnt seem to work in civ 4 ...

is this an error or working as intended
      Last edited by enoeraew; October 31, 2005, 22:00.
      Lincoln's Gettysburg address has 226 words, The Ten commandments has 296 words. The US dept. of agriculture's order setting the price of cabbage has 15,269 words

Comment

I agree. There should be an option to select the name you want from the official city names list. Or maybe edit the list of city names yourself somehow.

Comment

You could always build a city named "Susa" and then rename it to what you actually want. Then the next city you build will display the next name in the list. It may not be quite what you're looking for, but at least it'll get Susa out of the list ^_^

Comment

I am late into a huge map playing the English...an interesting thing I noted was that after the English names ran out, it started using U.S. city names. Is it an automatic to switch to related civ's names? What happens if the related civ needs the names?

An interesting aside...Hunt Valley just happened to appear when I founded a city in an especially inviting local...coincidence or some very interesting code?........
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hooray for Easter Eggs.
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Djrichard....that is my problem....I DO rename the cities...and the NEXT city I found has the default name of the city I renamed...I DONT want a city named Susa...but If I dont settle a city named Susa...Susa will be the default name until I do...

Comment

Working...
                X